Elizabeth Sebesta heads to Africa on February 18, 2018
.... and .... she's off!
Grandmothers Campaign Delegation to Tanzania
In February, 2018, 11 grandmothers from Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and the United States, will represent the Grandmothers Campaign at the Tanzania Grandmothers Gathering in Arusha. As delegates they’ll attend workshops and celebrations and spend time learning about the challenges and achievements of Tanzanian grandmothers and the dedicated community-based organizations that support them. Before the Gathering, they’ll make a stop in Kampala, Uganda to visit two of the SLF’s partner organizations and hear directly from the grandmothers there.
When they return, they’ll have so much to share, including stories, photos and new insights into the lives and experiences of Tanzanian and Ugandan grandmothers! Each delegate has committed to one year of sharing what she learned with grandmothers groups, faith communities, schools, media and community organizations. We’re happy to connect you or your group with a returning delegate! Just email us at email@example.com.
Here are the delegates:
- Elizabeth Sebesta, Victoria Grandmothers for Africa, Victoria, BC
- Mary Baker, CanGo Grannies, Kamloops, BC
- Thelma Hanson, Grands ‘n’ More Winnipeg, Winnipeg, MB
- Pat McKee, Oomama, Oakville, ON
- Gail Rappolt, Blooms for Africa, Hamilton, ON
- Anne Alper, Capital Grannies, Ottawa, ON
- Eke Van der Zee, G-Moms of Port Perry, Port Perry, ON
- Linda Price, Cordia Grandmothers, Traverse City, MI, USA
- Hilary Stephenson, Guildford & Godalming Grandmothers' Group (4G's), Guildford, United Kingdom
- Marilynn Freitag, Gogo Mamas Perth, Perth, WA, Australia
- Marg Collett, Grand-AIDS, Barrington, NSW, Australia